The 'Independence Day 2013' event is an event that started on July 4, 2013, and lasts for 7 days. During this event you have to collect from, build or upgrade certain structures to earn points, which you can in turn exchange for other rewards.
Description Ingame PI-Blog: Chasing the Independence!
Happy Fourth of July, dear friends! On such a day, we've decided to start a special event: you are to take care of the buildings on the Island, collect profit, demolish, repair them in time, and you will be rewarded - you'll get points, which can be exchanged for chests with certificates and other things. These certificates let you construct holiday buildings! You can get theme achievements.
Tap on tourists for 1 energy zap each => 2 with 63% drop rate
Collect income from a Gift shop => 2 with 66% drop rate
Collect income from a Café => 5 with 82% drop rate
Upgrade a Shark Attraction => 500 with 100% drop rate
Build a Drive-In => 1,875 with 100% drop rate
Upgrade a Traveling Circus => 312 with 100% drop rate
Build a Defender golden monument => 245 with 100% drop rate
Items contained in all 4 chests
|White House||Statue of Lincoln||Capitol||Lincoln Memorial|
- Zapping tourists: 480 per day * 2 * 0.63 (drop rate) = ~605 per day
- Collect income from Gift shops: Income can be collected every ~18 min., which means ~80 collections per day: 80 collections * 15 buildings * 2 * 0.66 (drop rate) = 1584 per day
- Collect income from Cafés: Income can be collected every 210 min., which means ~6.86 collections per day: 6.86 collections * 20 buildings * 5 * 0.82 (drop rate) = ~563 per day
Without spending any € you can get up to 605 + 1584 + 563 = 2752 per day. The event lasts for 7 days, therefore you could get up to 2752 * 7 = 19264 during the event. Please note: This calculation assumes 24/7 gameplay and does not include any repairs. You can speed up repairs, so you don't loose collections. You can also use "Collect all profit scrolls (fast)" to get some additional Liberty Points without spending €.
Conclusion: This is a tough event, but it's (theoretically) possible to get one chest without spending any €.
Additional info for those of you considering to spend piastres on this event:
- Upgrading Shark Attraction: 5* 500 = 2500 for 80€ (68€ using a Large Economy scroll) = 31.25 per Piastre (with scroll: 36.76 per Piastre)
- Building Drive-In = 1875 for 60€ (51€ using a Large Economy Scroll) = 31.25 per Piastre (with scroll: 36.76 per Piastre)
- Upgrading Travelling Circus: 5* 312 = 1560 for 50€ (41€ using a Large Economy Scroll) = 31.2 per Piastre (with scroll: 36.27 per Piastre)
- Building Golden Defender Monument: 245 for 8€ (7€ using a Large Economy scroll) = 30.6 per Piastre (with scroll: 35 per Piastre)
- Buying Liberty Points: 125 for 4 Piastres = 31.25 per Piastre
Conclusion: Shark Attraction and Drive-In give you the most for your Piastres if you use an Economy Scroll to bring the price down. But you may also want to consider the profit you gain from these buildings if you want to keep them on your Island after the event. In this case, the Travelling Circus would be the best choice at $182/hour, compared to $85/hour (Shark Attraction) and $68/hour (Drive-In).
Related special awards
|Name||How to get it||$||XP||€|
|Washington DC||Build the Lincoln Memorial and the White House||100,000||5,000||5|
|Freedom Chests||Open 3 chests of the Pursuit of Independence event||100,000||7,500||5|